Sunday, January 29, 2012

Oregon Diner


Oregon Diner
302 W Oregon Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148

Last nights experience was mainly positive. Their menu is HUGE, so it was so hard for me to decide. I went with the Broiled Seafood combination.  It included 2 large shrimp, 4 scallops, a lobster tail, crabmeat stuffed mushroom and flouder with what I am guessing was some sort of crabmeat mixture. I got string beans and garlic mashed as my sides. I am very picky when it comes to mashed potatoes and OMG these were fantastic! They were made with red bliss potatoes and the garlic flavor was spot on. Not too much and not too little. So good! The only negative about my meal was the lobster tail. I don't know how long it was cooked for, but it was a little tough to eat. No big deal, I still had plenty left over for lunch today!

My friends and I got an order of fried calamari as an appetizer and were shocked to see how much they give you! It was a giant bowl filled with perfectly fried calamari. I commented to my friends that I didn't care if it was frozen or what, but it was GOOD!  I don't know what they put in their marinara, but it is delicious. Oh yeah, I also got a side of bacon. I initially wanted a burger with a ton of bacon on it.... but decided against it, but I was still craving bacon. I bet that was the strangest side order that the waitress has ever taken!

My one friend, who was stoked that we were coming here got pancakes and loved every bite of them.  She stated at one point that a pancake baby was going to come out of her stomach a la Alien. It was good, I have to say.

My other friend got broiled scallops with the same sides that I got. They give you SO MANY!! She took leftovers home! She was pleased with her meal.
Our waitress was fantastic. She was very friendly! I don't remember her name, but I do remember she had a phrase tattooed on her left forearm. She laughed at the crap we were saying and was very very cool.

Overall, I had a positive experience & am glad that I changed my dinner plans to the Oregon Diner!