Sunday, January 29, 2012

Geno's Steaks



Geno's Steaks
1219 S 9th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147

The combination of the grease, big pieces of steak and the soft roll just cant be beat. Nothing, and I mean nothing beats a Geno's after drinking all night. I always opt for the American cheese too, no whiz. The American gives it that extra flavor that whiz just cant deliver.

You need to laugh off the people that say Pats and Geno's are for "tourists". Pats and Geno's are the gold standard in the city. Everyone wants to make it sound like THEY have the go to spot just so they feel better about themselves. Comparing Pats/Geno's to places like Tony Luke's and Jim's is like comparing Coke and Pepsi. Yeah, both taste good but we all know Coke is the pioneer and undisputed champ that started it all - as are Geno's and Pats.

If you think Geno's is in the "ghetto", then you've never ACTUALLY been to a REAL ghetto. Hit me up sometime, we'll go for a ride.

I'll miss Joey Vento. Its so rare to see and meet people that speak their mind these days given everyone in the world is SO sensitive about EVERY thing. I laughed (and usually agreed) at every time he caused a "stir" in the media. I'm blunt myself so I respect it. Geno's will always be my number one.

Bottom line; You may have hated Joey, but you know you love his cheesesteaks.